The basic steps to make an Application for Consent Orders for property settlement involve:
- Complete a personalised draft Property Settlement Consent Minutes of Order document setting out proposed orders that will be accepted by the Court.
- Complete an Application for Consent Orders form and fee exemption form if applicable.
- Sign and lodge your documents with the Court and pay the filing fee.
- If your application is accepted, the Consent Orders will be signed by the Court, sealed and posted to the parties. At this point the orders become legally binding.
- The parties then need to take any action as agreed by the parties and required by the orders (for example, transfer property).
- Your property settlement is now finalised.
Our Property Settlement eGuide provides a detailed step-by-step guide to help you navigate every step of the property settlement application process.