The basic stages in the divorce process are: –
- Complete a divorce application that will be accepted by the Court
- Sign and lodge your application with the Court and pay the filing fee
- If your application is accepted, you may need to ‘serve’ the other party
- If you have children you may need to attend the Court hearing
- If your application is successful a Judge or Registrar will grant you a divorce order at the Court hearing
- The divorce order will become effective one month and one day after it is made
Our Divorce eGuide provides a detailed step-by-step guide to help you navigate every step of the divorce process.